Friday, June 3, 2011

Campfires, Minor Internal Bleeding, Group-hugs and Simple Math.

This weekend was Crew 303's first camp-out.  Which happened to be my very first camp-out as well.  
And I am alive and (mostly) unharmed!!
Amazing, I know.
We camped at Camp Freedom in Ansbach, which is about two hours from Lupburg.  The weather was quite chilly both Friday and Saturday (it didn't rain, thank heaven) while Sunday was beautiful, warm and sunny.
  By the end of the weekend I had:  Learned how to tie a bowline knot and a few different hitches and lashings (which I can still tie almost a week later :D).  I 'helped' set up and strike a tent (depending on how much interaction is needed in order to be considered 'help').  Minor internal bleeding and a small concussion were the results of a very exciting campfire skit.  I was given both my Totin' Chip and Fireman's Chit (meaning I am now licensed to carry and use a knife, saw, and/or ax and start a fire .... kinda scary ;P).  I completed both IOLS and ILSC training.  We stumbled upon the fact that an aluminuim-foil ball and a campstool can be very entertaining.
AND, to round it all off, I made some new friends.
Ansbach Crew 97 + Hohenfels Crew 303 = The Big Cheese Crew 400. 
A.k.a.: Pure Awesomeness.
I had an amazing time and learned so many new things and I would gladly do it all again!!
~RM

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm glad you survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think YOU getting your Totin' chip is scary??? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE ONE TOO!!! And I...don't have my Fireman's Chit...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I got my Fireman's Chit before you AND Isaac!!! I am so happy! :D ..... Whoever gave you your Totin' chip was out of their mind. ;P

    ReplyDelete