Monday, August 16, 2010

The Event of Which We Do Not Speak (But I AM Kinda Excited)

You all would be so proud of me if you knew how much junk I cleared out of my room this past week. That is, if you knew how much junk was in my room in the first place...Well, anyways, I have been cleaning and organizing my room before the 'event of which we do not speak' happens. Our move to Germany. I am sorry my Hawaii friends, I know I promised I would not speak of it, but it is going to happen sooner or later and I have to blog about it sometime. If you are one of the two people who do not want to hear me talk about 'the event' stop reading now.....
I'm actually quite excited about moving to Europe. Just not excited about leaving people, again, to travel halfway across the globe, again. I make it sound like we've done it loads of times, but it's only our second move with the Army. Oh the places we'll go! Rome, Paris, Luxemburg, the list goes on forever! I'm learning French! Wait? You're moving to Germany, wouldn't you be learning German? You wouldn't believe how many times I've been asked that. My answer: FRENCH IS JUST PRETTIER! So there! We are going to be stationed at Baumholder (say: bomb-holder :D) which is about 3-4 hours away from the French border. So many things to do before the move though. I've got my room cleaned, check that off my list. Things still to come: packing, garage sale, Mimi's visit!, getting tickets, movers, oh yeah, and finishing our first semester of school. All before December. Busy? Nawwww, us? Yes, but it's an exciting busy!

~RM

3 comments:

  1. Actually Baumholder is much closer to the border of France. The 3-4 hours refers to how far we are from Paris, France!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute. Since you're moving to Germany, wouldn't you be learning German?

    ReplyDelete