Friday, December 3, 2010

Time for a Recap

I find that when you get behind in something it is very, very (how much can I stress very?) hard to catch back up.  I apologize for not posting in so long.  And now I am going to use that age-old excuse: "everything has just been so busy."

To recap what has happened during my span of writer's block:
I will probably wear this out quickly but, I love the weather here!!  I have missed the season change and the fall colors and (can you believe it?) the cold.  On Thanksgiving day it snowed!!  That was very exciting to say the least. 
Thanksgiving was filled with food, family, and fellowship which makes a grand combination.  There was way too much food for us to eat and I have a feeling that my aunt, uncle, and cousin will be set for meals for another month.
The Lopez clan has finally settled into some kind of a schedule here in Mimi's home.  Each morning starts with Bible reading and then to the Y for some exercise.  After that it's school time.  Christmas carols fill the house as each student takes their turn at the piano while their classmates work on math, reading, omnibus or french. 
Christmas time is in the air!  The house is decorated, though I must say, it most definitely did not decorate itself.  Stockings hang above the fireplace and each day Bear remembers to tell me which one is his and which one is Cristabel's.  Holiday ads fill our commercial breaks and Christmas music blasts through the cars speakers as we fly down the highway.  It's Christmas in Kansas City!  It is very good to be in my hometown.

~RM

1 comment: