Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Projects

This past spring, some friends of ours gave us a bench.  An old, weather-worn, wooden bench.  The moment I saw it, I told my mom...
"I'm painting it blue."

A couple of weeks ago I secured the help and painting expertise of a dear friend and we set to work.  Sanding and sanding and more sanding and then, finally! painting.

Unfortunately, after all of that sanding, some of us were just too tired to paint whilst sitting upright.

But Bear came to our rescue and encouraged us to sit up and get to work by informing us that he wanted to sit on it, so we should hurry up and finish already!

I am quite proud of our finished project and I can't wait to use it in photoshoots!

 

Because of our great teamwork (and the fact that we would've won any 'How in the world did you get paint there??' contest), we celebrated by watching The Emperor's New Groove.
Love that movie.

1 comment: