Thursday, September 6, 2012

Unpacking (Part One)

It is a well known fact here in the Lopez household that I, yes I, Rachel Micaiah Lopez, am very bad at unpacking.  It is not uncommon for my duffel bag, full of vacation treasures, to sit rather forlornly in the corner of my room for a week after I return.  There is no specific reason for this particular character trait.  I just never seem to get around to it in a timely manner.  Which makes unpacking and rediscovering all of my memory filled souvenirs later even more exciting.
In short.. I am about to virtually unpack every single bit of information concerning my summer here before your very eyes.  Okay.  Maybe not every single bit.  More like a bit here and there.  The important stuff, you know.
 
 
It all started with Mimi's arrival.  A couple of fun-filled weeks were spent here at home ... to include an afternoon at the strawberry patch!
And then it was time to pile into the car and be off to France!
France was amazing.  As usual.  Our first week we stayed in a cozy gite which was settled in a beautiful villaged called Jaulzy. 
 
We ventured out on daytrips including, but not limited to...
Exploring Jaulzy.
A picnic in Compiegne complete with a farmers market and carousel.
And an adventure on the set of Merlin. 
 
And all of that was only the first part of our trip to France which was just the first part of my amazing summer.
 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment