Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day #1 on the Big Island

Today has been the busiest day I've had in a long time. This morning the Lopez clan got up at 3:00 to head to the airport. Thankfully we were traveling commercial and Bear finally got to get on a plane!!Note: The Bearster looks MUCH happier in this picture than he is at the moment. Long, exciting days tend to wear on 3 year olds :) Note #2: If you think I look more than a little crazed, it's because the bright light stunned me out of my dazed state....After arriving in Hilo we waited at a small cafe for our rental van to arrive.

The rest of the day was spent hiking to waterfalls:


shopping trips and lunch

driving...driving....and even, yes you guessed it, MORE driving. Currently I am about to go to bed. I will post more pictures tomorrow!! ALOHA!!

-Micaiah

1 comment:

  1. OMG(osh)...when we got stranded in California, We were up ALL night driving to Travis AFB to catch a plane to Hawai'i. I only got one hour of sleep that night...makes me grateful that you guys were only up 'til 4:30. Anyway, I was awakened from my week-long dazed state by getting whacked in the face and nearly having my nose broken by a basketball...my vision and sense of smell have been more acute since then...

    ReplyDelete