Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Spotlight

September .... if you look it up in the dictionary it's definition is: 'full to overflowing'.  Just kidding.  This month Mimi visited.  Everyone went to the dentist, even Bear, that didn't go well ...  Our family hosted small group, which, despite it's name, is not in any way small. I think the grand total present was 39 people.  Things got kinda wacky at work for my dad.  We received our orders (read about that here).  Acceptable winter-in-Missouri clothes have been packed and unpacked multiple times once I realized that I still wanted to wear those jeans that I packed at the very bottom.  Passport pictures were taken (tooken? tooked? taked?).  Isaac and my dad rode one-hundred miles in the Century Ride.  Our small group celebrated a full year of being the Leeward small group.  Riley went to the vet. 
All that and normal life had to continue (normal? what's normal?).  I have read the Pilgrims Progress, the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, the Autobiography of Charles G. Finny, the Pit and the Pendulum, and I am currently reading Of Plymouth Plantation for school.  Algebra 2 is driving me to the utter brink of mental stability.  I'm serious.  Waking up in the middle of the night shouting,  "No! X equals 27, not 13.9827!  You forgot the negative sign!"  Such outbursts do not reflect well on my sanity...  I have learned how to say,  "Qui vous aimez mieux? Lait ou de jus d'orange?" Translation:  "Which do you like better? Milk or orange-juice?"  I feel accomplished.  In science I have learned about Kingdoms Protista, Monera and Fungi (which I like to pronounce fun-jai).  So, life is continuing and getting more exciting as the days pass.  This Friday my parents will be celebrating their seventeenth anniversary.  Next Friday we are hosting the biggest slumber party EVER (in the Lopez household anyway) as my brother, sister and I celebrate our birthdays with friends.  My parents' reasoning behind this insanity is they think it will be best to get it over with all at once.  They have no idea what they're in for ...  So!  That is what the month of September looks like for right now!  I have to go finish some high-order determinants in math ... Pray for me.
~RM

1 comment:

  1. Taken is correct. Are you REALLY in Algebra 2? I just finished Algebra 2 today. I am now going into Trigonometry, precalculus, and some geometry. Ha. I have to read a book called "Banner in the Sky" by one of the people that took part in the original climb of the Matterhorn and Mt. Everest

    ReplyDelete