Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning....in November....

....All I have to say is: it shouldn't be legal.....

Tomorrow we leave this wonderful house that has been home for the past two years and move into the not-so-wonderful TLF that will be our living space for the next two weeks.  Tomorrow morning the home 'inspector' (insert dramatic dun-dun-DUN music here) comes to, well, inspect.  Our house has to be ship-shape before then.  The walls must be free of all dirt, crayon marks, food smudges (not that there's many of those) and pretty much blemishes of any kind.  I told my mom that a lot of them are not removable.  She told me to use some soap and elbow grease.  The blemishes have been removed and I am out of elbow grease.  Saturday was spent cleaning and painting our garage walls and then power scrubbing our fence, white fences and red dirt shouldn't be legal either.  The refrigerator has been thoroughly sanitized, the microwave was just washed, and this morning the oven cleaned itself.  Most of the walls have been sufficiently disinfected, but there are still many more things to be done.  The bathroom being at the top of the list.  I do detest cleaning bathrooms.....

So I decided to type up this blog post and let you all know how things are going!

Nooo, I'm not avoiding anything....

~RM

2 comments:

  1. Micaiah, Wish we could see your sparkling house before you leave it! Hope that your living space for the next two weeks will be more wonderful than you are expecting. Your "home" is wherever your family is, and God has blessed you with such a special one. May He give you a sense of stability and an anchor while you are in transition!

    Love, Jodie for the Pines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I'm giving you a big congrats on working so hard, because I know how you feel. Moving from America is no small task, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete