Friday, August 30, 2013

Planning Great and Marvelous Plans

I find new things to be fun and inspiring, sort of like the color yellow..
Other new things aren't so fun and inspiring and like the color yellow, but a little tiny bit scary.  Today, however, I'm focusing on the good and inspiring new things.
My dear friend gave me a scrap journal a few weeks ago to fill throughout my last year at home.  It took all of my self-control to keep from filling it in the first week with things I already have.  I managed to confine myself to pasting all over only the first few pages as a "recap" of the important events of the past six months.
I'm excited to print new pictures, buy new tickets, visit new places and collect a new take-out menu here and there this year.  I anticipate the day years from now when I pull out this book, full to bursting, and thumb through wonderful memories.
But now is the time of great and marvelous plans.  And I quite enjoy great and marvelous plans.  I like thinking out all the details and the lists and the over-ambitious portions of the plans that I know will never happen but that's okay because they sure are exciting to dream about.
Currently, I'm busy planning my birthday party four months in advance.  Along with a senior appreciation dinner/dance that won't happen till March.  Christmas present ideas are whirling around in my brain.  College room decorations!  A trip to Australia with my friend once we've both graduated (a bit soon, I know).  But it's all about the planning for me, even if things don't always work out to every single detail.  The process is what I love.
Then, after the planning, there's the doing and after the doing there's the scrap journaling and after the scrap journaling there's the remembering.
And look.  We've come full circle, folks.

-- RML

No comments:

Post a Comment