Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yes. Sometimes Even I (Me, Micaiah) Don't Know What to Say

I had to think about this post for a while.  It would be so easy for me to post just a few photos with some funny captions, instead of actually describing some "Awana fun".
I find that whenever I'm asked, "What do you like most about working at Awana?" I freeze up.  I don't know what to say because there is so much to say.  The fact that God has given me the chance to have such a huge impact on children's lives and teach them about His word.
That fills me with too many emotions to form into coherent thought when I'm put on the spot.
I get to watch their faces light up when they say "Deuteronomy" correctly for the very first time.  I get to give them a high-five when they finish reciting all of the books of the Old Testament.  I get to tell them the story of Samson or Samuel when they don't know what the picture in their book is about.
I get to congratulate them when they run up and tell me they lost another tooth.  I get to cheer them on when they're running in the relay race.  I get to offer them a spot on my lap when they're upset about their dad being gone.

So many things that I can remember my Awana leaders doing for me and now it's my turn to share the love of God with these kids who I love so much!
I'm so thankful.

-- RM

No comments:

Post a Comment