Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blog Bites

~  I woke up this morning, the sun was shining, the snow had melted and it was (and still is!) 50 degrees!!  That's warm, very very very VERY warm!  And then I think of the 'norm' in Hawaii ... 80s all year round ... I think the shock of below zero weather has changed my look on life for ever ...
~  I found a bag of Hawaiian sand that I had collected for my Mimi but forgot to send it to her.  I sat down, opened it and spent the next fifteen minutes letting it run through my fingers and trying not to cry ...
~  Thursday afternoon was spent sewing curtains for Belle's room:
They turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
~  I recently watched 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' for my omnibus class.  Oh. My. Goodness. I loved it and can NOT wait to watch it again with my family when it gets in at the library.
~  I am still searching for a ballet school here near Lupburg.  If any of you know of one in my area please comment ... I am out of shape and scared to see how far gone my splits are ...
After watching the Scarlet Pimpernel I will randomly exclaim "Sink me!" in answer to some surprising news or just for the heck of it.  Those fellow Veritas Press students (or anyone who has seen the movie) will understand.  I strongly recommend the movie (the version with Ian Mckellen).
Annnd ... the random picture of the week is ...
~  Oh!  And, this morning my sister and I painted our bedroom yellow.  After a shower and much scrubbing my hands have finally returned to their natural color.  I will post pictures as soon as possible!
~The reason you all do not have pictures of my room in it's post-makeover splendor is because my camera gave up and died today.  RIP dear, unreliable, battered-up little point-and-shoot.
~RM

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like many Omnibus students had to watch The Scarlet Pimpernel! Oh my, I loved it too! It was soo awesome. :)

    Adorable curtains.

    My room is painted yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we went to get that paint we saw this Sign Saying....


    Bang Head Here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! I felt temptted to do it to Bear
    TEHE!!

    ReplyDelete