Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bike Race

Yesterday was my brother's first BIG bike race (we aren't counting the 100 yd. one that all three of us did seven years ago). I believe the grand total was 28 miles. He and my dad got up at 5 in the morning to set out for Schofield. No, I did not accompany them, I know, you'd think I would go to my brother's very first big bike race but it was 5 AM and it was raining, and I don't function very well early in the morning. I did ask him how it went when I saw him at church, I did do that much. Well, from what I understand (now, don't think this is totally accurate because I probably will not get all the facts right) he was ahead for a while but then his tire went flat and everyone passed him while he waited to get his tire fixed. They make it look so easy in the Tour de France, just pop the tire off, pop another one on and keep on riding, or just take the bike that your teammate is offering you. Poor Isaac didn't have a teammate to offer him a bike and did not have an extra tire in his pocket to just pop on. I believe there was a race car nearby and they helped him replace his tube which promptly burst so they had to fix it all over again. After finally being able to get back on his bike everyone was well ahead of him. Pooh. But he said he enjoyed it. It was a good experience, he'll be ready for the next one that's for sure! Here are some pics!
Isaac's wearing the yellow jersey ^ right there, yeah.

Crossing the finish line! Tour de France here I come!!
Not me, I meant Isaac, hahaha.....*cough*
~RM

1 comment:

  1. That's out there near the Dole plantation, right? Ouch. It's HOT out there.

    ReplyDelete